The 777 Pilot Book Series have been prepared in the tradition of the ancient portolans (pilot charts), that used to include charts, chartlets and also descriptions of harbours and shelters. As a result, users today have an authoritative, comprehensive and useful tool to navigate in safety whilst maximising enjoyment.
Our strengths are:
- we personally visit all the moorings and anchorages, and their surroundings;
- we have a network of on-the-ground researchers to collect information and provide updates;
- we include suggestions of onshore itineraries and services useful to yachtsmen;
- we provide a telephone helpline for assistance.
Our goal is to accompany our readers and provide them with faithful and up-to-date information.
Inside you will find:
- OVERVIEW CHARTS, showing the main features, complete with lat. and long. grid, depths and other useful data (marks, lights etc.). Terrestrial features including main roads, residential areas and contour lines, to help predict wind conditions and appreciate the landscape.
- MOORING AREAS, i.e. harbours and mooring buoys, the number and size of available spaces, draft, facilities, fuelling stations and related contact information.
- ANCHORAGE AREAS are described, from those suitable for just a swimming stop to those that provide good shelter in case of bad weather or to safely anchor overnight. Type of shelter, depths, rocks and the type of bottom are all indicated, together with the prevailing winds and currents, and suggestions regarding points of interest and the environment.
- DETAILED NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION including: coastal radio, weather forecasts, VHF, MF, NAVTEX, meteorology, harbourmasters, search and rescue, and much more.
- INFOLINE: our helpline number for assistance, suggestions and advice to our readers before and during navigation. This service was designed with our knowledge of the difficulties that yachtsmen can face when looking for suitable mooring or anchoring options.
- BACKGROUND HISTORY AND INFORMATION regarding the main towns and places around the coast.
- ONSHORE ITINERARIES with our selection of the best and most interesting places and events, including the ports that offer opportunities to explore inland.
- SELECTION of services useful to yachtsmen.
- VIDEOS of the main ports and anchorages, created with the latest technology and devices, including drones, whose output can be watched by scanning the QR code.
Your feedback is important to us, if you have any comments please email us at email@example.com
The 777 Pilot Books team